Allergy nose bleed treatment
One of the organs of the body is the nose. The main function of the nose is to breathe in and out. Breathing properly means the person is alive. But when the nose bleeds, the situation can get worse.
In today’s article we will know what is the function of nose, About the causes of nasal bleeding or epistaxis and its treatment.
What is the function of the nose?
There are many types of nose work. They are-
1) The main function of the nose is to smell. Inside the nose, there are small receptors (cells that carry the sense of smell inside the nose) that activate the olfactory area, and we can understand which is fragrant and which is bad.
2) The narrow passage of the nose helps the outside air to reach inside the body and the inside air to reach outside.
3) There is a lot of fine hair inside the nose. Their job is to block the relatively large amount of dust that flies in the air outside.
4) There is sticky, slippery substance in the nose. This is called mucus. This mucus traps very small dust, floating bacteria. They are also destroyed by enzymes that destroy the bacteria in the mucus.
5) Our body temperature and outside temperature is not the same. So naturally when the cold air of the weather reaches the lungs, people suffer from cold. In this case, the nose converts the outside air into a suitable temperature for the body, which is called air conditioning.
6) Sneezing out the harmful substances stuck in the nose.
6) The sinuses inside the nose help to echo the sound.
Bleeding through the nose or epistaxis
It is often seen that children suddenly hold their noses while playing or adults go to work. It was seen that the nose was rushing like water or blood was dripping from the nose, it was not stopping in any way. This bleeding through the nose is called epistaxis. It is not a disease, it is just an outward manifestation of a disease within the body.
Why blood falls through the nose?
About 90% of the reasons why nose bleeds are unknown. The remaining 10% may have the following possible causes:
- Nose Injuries (Accidents, punches, nasal fractures, inhalation of flammable chemicals, etc.)
- Beads, rubber pieces, pulses, rice, etc. If children get infected by inserting their noses
- while playing and not taking them out on time.
Fungal Infections (rhinosporidiosis)
- Dry weather
Systemic causes (internal matter of the body):
High blood pressure
Bleeding does not stop
Pneumonia (not always)
Where is epistaxis?
Epistaxis is most common in the lower extremities. This is called Little’s area. The five arteries join together to form this part.
If epistaxis that symptoms will appear
Patients with epistaxis will actually show some of the symptoms in the hospital. Those are:
- There will be sudden bleeding from the nose
- The patient will be very worried
- May cause vomiting or blood in the stool
- Excessive bleeding can cause the patient to go into shock
Epistaxis is a symptom of which the patient goes into shock
- Blood pressure will decrease
- The pulse will run very fast
- There will be lots of sweat
- The body will feel cold like ice
What to check?
- If blood group is not known, blood test should be done
- Probably a factor as to why they’re doing so poorly
- You have to go to the lab for testing
There are some treatments for nosebleeds. E.g.
1) Hold the nose for a while. If it is not closed, the nose should be kept pressed with ice.
2) Arrange for immediate hospitalization.
3) The patient’s blood pressure, pulse should be seen quickly.
4) Anemia should be tested.
5) Try to understand how much consciousness the patient has.
6) If there are symptoms of shock (shock) should be treated accordingly. Saline and blood should be given as required. If it does not stop, then nasal pack (nasal pack) should be given inside the nose.
7) Antibiotics should be given immediately.
8) A small dose of sleeping pills may be given to keep the patient calm. If the bleeding does not stop then the patient should be taken to the operating theater. With general anesthesia, the blood vessels that are bleeding should be stopped.
Basically there are several ways to stop nosebleeds, the doctor will then apply the method that is needed for the patient.
1. Do not poke your nose unnecessarily.
2. If you see blood flowing through the nose, first of all hold your nose and give ice.
3. Arrange to reach the hospital as soon as possible.
4. Remember, not all treatments are possible at home. Initially, do as much as you can, and don’t delay. The patient’s physical condition is likely to be alarming.
If you have nosebleeds, consult a doctor immediately. Be careful, stay healthy.